2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 yellow onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup diced celery (about 2 stalks)
1 cup peeled and diced carrots (about 2 carrots)
1 8oz package sliced mushrooms, roughly chopped
1 cup canned corn
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1/2 Tbsp poultry seasoning
salt & pepper
1 Tbsp tomato paste
1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
1 Tbsp flour
1 package prepared instant mashed potatoes (using non-dairy milk & vegan butter)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large pot or a deep skillet over medium heat, put vegetable oil, onion, and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes. Next add carrots and celery and stir. Cook until the onions are translucent.
2. Next add the mushrooms, parsley, poultry seasoning, salt, pepper, and tomato paste. Stir for 1-2 minutes until everything is well incorporated.
3. Start to add veggie stock 1/2 cup at a time, not adding more stock until the pot returns to a simmer. Then, add flour and stir until sauce is thickened.
4. Meanwhile, prepare instant mashed potatoes according to package instructions (using non-dairy milk and vegan butter).
5. Once the vegetables and sauce are thickened, pour the mixture into a pie pan and cover with a layer of mashed potatoes. Place the pie pan on a baking sheet to catch any bubbling-over liquid.
6. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes + 3 minutes under the broiler to slightly brown the potatoes.
7. Let cool for 10 minutes and serve!